I thought I would share with you several quotations that shift my perspective on those days when things seem blue.
So here are a few, in no particular order of importance:
1. Real painters do not paint things as they are…
They paint them as they themselves feel them to be
2. Writing is magic for those willing to follow their imagination to a region where anything is possible
3. I have decided to stick to love... Hate is too great a burden to bear.
Martin Luther King Jr.
4. To love is to understand and feel that the other person is different
5. To slight a single human being is to slight those divine powers and thus harm not only that being but with him the whole world.
6. I want to get to the stage where nobody can tell how a picture of mine was done. What’s the point of that? Simply that I want nothing but emotions to be given off.
7. Our core beliefs generate our emotions.
[no idea where I got this one but it’s a variation of many similar concepts]
8. If you see God within every man and woman, then you can never do harm to any man or woman. If you see God in yourself, then you attain perfection.
The Bhagavad Gita
I would love to hear your favorite sayings.